
Then we configured tables and chairs to fit our party of *21+.
Once we got the table set up in the living room both Graham and Callie changed their tune about wanting to sit at the little table. I knew I needed to make the little table seem desirable.
The next morning I set up the kid table.
I listened as they both changed their minds, "I am sitting here now." "So am I!"
My prep work in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving paid off. The morning of went pretty smoothly. Matt and I commented that even if we hadn't prepped well, this isn't our first rodeo. Let's just say we've worked out a lot of entertaining kinks over the years.
As we waited for guests, Katrina set Grandma Donna up with Instagram on her phone. Katrina proceeded to post some great shots of the day (though I wasn't able to save all of them to my computer for some reason).
A great highlight was when Ademir opened a dinner roll from Kei to reveal a note: Baby Cacique on it's way August 2015! We cheered, we cried, we celebrated. We watched Ademir try to process this priceless information!

*Kei had pulled me aside on the Christmas train just three days before to tell me that she had found out that very day! She wanted to pass her reveal idea along to me and see what I thought, which I thought was adorable. When were setting up tables and chairs on Wednesday Matt said, "Okay we have 21 people..." The kids said, "22!" They were counting baby Addy who wouldn't need a chair. Matt said, "Yes, we will have 22 beating hearts but we only need to set up for 21." I smiled to myself, that was a very interesting thing for him to say. He was WRONG!
Brudder's.
Brudder's.
Callie soaking up baby Addy on her first Thanksgiving!
Time to carve the bird.
Let the feast begin!
Instead of dividing out the meal everyone just brought what they wanted to make. I wanted to make one of each dish so we would have those marvelous leftovers.
The smells, the sights, and especially the sounds are what made this day special.
Pulling out the finery didn't hurt either.
This group is possible because of this sweet lady here!!!!
Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie. Pie that went on for days. Literally.
It boggled our Cranium.
Lookie here. Mallerie hooked me up so I could load the rest of the pics ;)
Big Brudder.
I got up early the next morning and black Friday shopped at Walmart, then went to the Catching Fire with Katrina, Ava, and Matt. We really enjoyed the movie but the true entertainment seems to be at the theatre itself. Before the movie they had local advertisements on the screen. One was for a tattoo parlor, another for dreadlocks. We noted that the owner has fresh dreds and tattoos up his arms. Must have gotten the package deal.























