Another Itch.
I rarely go out my front door but when I do I see how chipped the black paint is and wonder what to do about it. I can't think of a solution so I touch it up with a Sharpie and go on my way. However, When Lindsey posted her darling front door re-do I wanted to copy.
Blue! Yes, that is just what I wanted to do. I was determined. She said, "Mine is actually jade green it just looks blue in the picture." Too late, I was already sold on blue! I went to Do-It Best for exterior paint this time (the sharpie method was getting old). The manager warned me that it was probably too cold to paint but the gal mixing my paint knew of my determination and told me that if I opened my front door and put plastic over the opening to let the door warm up a bit I'd be just fine.
Blue! Yes, that is just what I wanted to do. I was determined. She said, "Mine is actually jade green it just looks blue in the picture." Too late, I was already sold on blue! I went to Do-It Best for exterior paint this time (the sharpie method was getting old). The manager warned me that it was probably too cold to paint but the gal mixing my paint knew of my determination and told me that if I opened my front door and put plastic over the opening to let the door warm up a bit I'd be just fine.
It worked! I love.
Ready for another project...
Once this chair from my Granny Woolf got a tiny tear in it, it rapidly went downhill.
I was thrilled to give it some TLC.
I had also repainted the kitchen that very week, and it set me off. I extended the paint color from the livingroom and diningroom into the kitchen so the change wasn't super noticeable. I did it all while the kids were in school. That night when Matt came home I was chopping veggies at the island like I often am. It wasn't until during dinner that he said, "It seems brighter in here..." "Yeah, I repainted the kitchen today. Salad?"
Anyway, as the weekend approached I figured I may as well dive into the other nagging projects. We were to host Thanksgiving and it gave me a reason to get things done. In the photo below I have the oven door off to clean.
Matt came out of the bedroom dressed to go to the temple. I told him, "I can change quickly and join you." Truth is, I had soup boiling on the stove, muffins in the oven, projects strewn all over and my contented children looking like this:
A movie was playing, Lincoln Logs, Lego's, and Hot Wheels were in progress to name a few. Matt looked around and said, "No you stay here, just I'll go this time." He told me it was a matter of my priorities. I agreed with him but not in the way he thought; my FAMILY is always my first priority.
A rare occurrence was that we had boxed muffins with our soup. No one liked them. Matt tells me I have spoiled the kids to all things homemade.
I can't remember why I took this picture of Mallerie as she studied at the counter with braids in her hair and a carrot in her hand. I guess just to remember her as she is a lot of the time. The Malmal.
November brought the promise of a wet winter...
...but we all know now it was just a big tease!










