Katrina: ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW
Me: Dead. Meet Poe. Dad is real attached already.
Katrina: Oh my gosh! A black cat?! That's always been my dream. It's eyes are creepy. I like it!
Me: Really?!
Katrina: Poe is it's name? Yeah really.
Me: Yes Poe
Katrina: Like Edgar Allen Poe? I love him.
Me: More like Edwina Alina Poe. It's a SHE.
Katrina: I want to meet her!
Katrina went on to ask how old, 7 months. She said, "Wow, she's big." But I thought she asked, "HOW big." So we sent her this picture:)
The kids are in heaven that we have a cat. We got her at Pet Smart on a day when Paws for Life was doing an adoption event. Mainly dogs were being adopted. I'll tell ya what, I've never seen so many ugly dogs in one place at one time. It was kinda sad. I was picturing a fluffy light colored cat, so I was surprised when the kids glommed on to a scrawning Halloween cat. I was out numbered and we came home with creepy.
Mallerie isn't super on board with the cat. The only thing I hear from her is "Get away cat."
To make Mallerie happy we did have pie for pie day as well. Two of our favorites, apple and chocolate silk.
It has taken some adjustment to have a cat around. We got her the day we officially got rid of the bunny cages when we realized they are not coming back. Matt put the hutch on the driveway with a FREE sign. It was gone within ten minutes.
Poe: "I think I'm gonna like it here...."








