February 2015!

Valentine crafting the second the month began!
A perfect dinner date with our dear friends Shane and ChyAyn Fillmore at Sundance's Foundry Grill. It was DELIGHTFUL. Food, Friends, and Fun. 
 I put on Instagram: Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. At one time Shane and ChyAyn were new silver friends, but after TWENTY years they are definitely GOLD!

After a thirteen year stint in NYC, they are baaaaaaack!

Time to mail Valentines, "Callie and Graham wanted to hand out Valentines." Get it?
When Katrina received them in the mail she said, "They made the fridge!

That Christmas poinsettia won't just die already!
Books and Buddies at Graham's school. I almost totally forgot that parents could come read to their student during lunch. When I walked in Graham said, "I KNEW you'd come." Phew (cause I didn't know that!) They had one more Books and Buddies during the month. I guess I was so paranoid I'd miss it I went on the wrong day! I did however get my facts straight to go on the right day as well.
Mallerie went on a date to the BYU Art Museum. Who did she run into but Katrina!? Though I don't know how during the course of the evening Katrina convinced Mallerie to try raw sushi.

Valentine Cookies! When I first started this tradition I made a few large hearts for each person, well as the years have gone by and I have added more large hearts, I have to quadruple the recipe. Something that started out as a fun tradition for me has become a lot of work! But the kids expect it and the cookies are delicious so I oblige. Because of the week I had had I didn't get to them till Saturday so that is where I spent my day, in the kitchen. Right up till dinner time, then it was time to make dinner. That evening while the rest of the family went to a BYU game, I went solo to a movie on Main to decompress!
Mallerie was gone for the weekend in Idaho for the Simplot Games so we sat at our Valentines table on Sunday.



 The kids needed an outing after being in the house on President's Day. We met up with Matt at Cafe Rio in Provo and then checked out what was playing at the dollar theatre. Everything was sold out. But Callie had it in her head that was what we were doing so she was pouting. I wasn't disappointed though. From the rave reviews Kat and Mall had given of the BYU Art Museum I wanted to check it out. I suggested this and Callie sank deeper, "NO that is so boring!" Matt said, "We can go out for ice-cream afterwards!" Ava snorted, "You guys! You are catering to her too much!" Ha! Callie is our baby.
The museum was closed so we goofed off at the Wilk, bowling and bouncing balls we bought out of the machine. The kids were having such a ball, they didn't want to leave! We did however get the promised ice-cream at the Creamery on Ninth before heading home. 



Blue and Gold Banquet. BOY did the leaders go go all out or what???
The invitation suggested every boy bring a minion they made themselves. Graham was so busy on his in the kitchen, "I know this is going to be the best!!!" When he walked in to place it on the table with the others (who obviously hadn't worked on them themselves) his shoulders fell a bit. Check out the one that someone's dad made! I thought it was rented for the occasion. Nope, someone made it! 

Graham was still a couple of weeks away from turning eight so it was nice they invited us.
The boys in his class: Graham, Camden, and Logan. hamming it up. 

For our spring young women leadership training we had attended the Provo Temple the last Saturday in February, leaving at 5:30 am. I arrived back at the Stake Center in just enough time to join Matt and Graham at Logan's baptism. We came home after that for just a moment before Matt and I headed to the Midway singles ward for a convert baptism. When we pulled into the parking lot it was nearly full. It was touching to see the support the young people had for their friend. In the font room it was standing room only. The chairs had been removed except for one row for the older people to sit down. Those same thoughtful young people motioned for Matt and I to sit. We are the older people now.
After the baptism, a fancy luncheon was put on at Dock of the Bay. It was fancier than our wedding reception. But again, it was so neat to see the support the ward and friends gave. We didn't get home till early evening and I was pooped! After bathing the babes we cuddled on the bed for a movie. 

The perfect Saturday night,
Matt had also spoken in the singles ward that week. Here is the recap I sent to our parents:

We had to bust a move on Sunday to the singles ward after our ward conf to see Matt speak. The only spot was on the FRONT row. We waited till the choir was marching up before sitting down. Anyway, Matt was the concluding speaker. He spoke on patience in trials. He started his talk by telling of his business interview in CA a few years ago (for Gatorade) where he had prepared binders and had his suit all packed but his bags ended up in Minnesota! He knew he could show up to the interview and explain, but he really wanted the job so he found an open store and bought a suit jacket and tie. He also found an 24 hr kinko's and reprinted all his binders. He was able to do his best even though he had lost his bags… K- then at the end of his talk he shared about losing his dad when he was nine and how he was so uncertain and how when we visited that house a few years ago as a family he could see his 9-yr-old self walking along the dusty road with shoulders slumped and he wanted to call out, "Don't you give up, there is a lot of good ahead." It was waaay tender. Anyway, as we were driving home I said to the kids, "Wasn't that nice to hear dad?" Graham said, "Yeah, it was kind of sad though." I said, "Yeah, dad has been through a lot." Then Callie pipes in, "I didn't know that!" I said, "Oh you didn't?" She said, "No… Why didn't he tell us? Why didn't he tell us he lost his BAGS???"

I practically had to pull over I was laughing so hard.

A couple of weeks later her Primary teacher pulled me aside after church and said, "Today in class after a spiritual story Callie said her eyes were wet." The teacher asked Callie if she felt the spirit, "No I just go up too early."

February was all about the babes, bout the babes, no trouble.