Temple Trip and Shopping: For Pretend
We left Katrina in charge to go to the Provo Temple in June 6/22/10. As we pulled into the parking lot we knew something was fishy, there wasn’t a car in sight. The big dumpster in front of the temple jolted my memory and I remembered the letter that was read in Sacrament Meeting about the temple being closed but I had only remembered them saying July. I guess it’s through July. I called my mom to get the number to the Mt Timponogos temple. We were told that if we weren’t already there we wouldn’t get in because of the extra crowds. Hmm what to do? We went to the mall! We tried on some great jeans at Gap. We even pretended for a second that we were actually going to buy them before placing them back on the shelf. When we were leaving the mall that night Matt asked, “Are you disappointed you didn’t get the jeans?” I told him I wasn’t because I pretend to shop all the time. I put things on hold at stores, I ‘add to cart’ on line, I circle catalog pictures and dog-ear the pages. I just rarely pull the trigger.