Lets Mesh at the Crèche 12/2/09

Mark and Jamie’s family have an ongoing tradition of viewing the Interfaith Crèche exhibit at the Midway Stake Center the first weekend of December. Since it’s in our backyard, we join them. However, we have never joined in posing for the complimentary Nativity photo like they have but this year all the kids participated. Grayson and Graham were less than excited about the costume part. Furthermore, the only way I could get Grayson to buy into wearing a hat was to tell him Grandma Donna would love to see ALL the kids dressed up. He put on the hat. Graham couldn’t be sweet talked so easily. He seemed anxious to be in the picture, but he was happy with what he was already wearing and must have thought it fit in perfectly well with what might have been worn at the time of the Savior’s birth. I stepped out to find Matt for a moment and when I came back the kids were posed and the picture was ready to be taken. As if Grayson’s skeleton shirt didn’t stand out enough, Graham’s bright red TOY STORY shirt was aglow under the lights. I ran over and tried to put my coat around him. He politely took it off. He wasn’t upset. In fact he kept a grin on his face the whole time. He simply removed the coat and threw it on the floor. I put a hat on Callie’s head and quickly stepped out of the picture in time for this to be shot.

He He. After all, Grandma Donna DID give that shirt to Graham. When we were done viewing that night I went back to the photo room to retrieve our coats from the “coat rack” I had hung them on. They had been placed on a chair. I guess it was the “costume rack” I had hung them on. Oops. Least maybe my coat made it into someone else’s photo.