Images of January 2009



Mallerie and Ava went out to build a snowman one sunny afteroon. Ava came in and said,"Mom, we need two eyes, a carrot nose, a pipe, a scarf, and a hat for our snowman," before marching back outside. She asked this like it was the most natural request in the world (yet the underlying humor of the odd request was also present in her tone). You can imagine her and Mallerie's surprise when I produced all of the above seemingly out of thin air.
One evening during scripture study I was reminded suddenly that now I have FOUR daughers. After saying THREE for so long. There they were all together on one couch. Even still when people ask me how many kids I have I say, "I have three girls, two boys, and another girl." After adding it up they say, "So six? Four girls and two boys?" "Yes," I say, "But not in that order..."
Graham carries this little book around singing the phrase, "Fire truck, Fire truck." We all have it memorized from how many times he has asked us to read it. Here he sits comfy in the baby swing wearing his jammies and with this favorite read.

Callie and Graham (now nicknamed "Growlie") in the girls room. Sometimes Graham will sneak in there during the day. Since the room is so busy I don't see him when I peek in there. He must know this so he holds very still. I call his name and start to walk out, only to hear a soft, "what?"