February 09 Continued

On Monday the 16th the whole family had dentist appointments in Orem. It's been a year since our last visit. We thought we had insurance last January and had the works done on all of us. You can imagine Matt's horror when he was presented with a $900 bill from the fact that our dental insurance had NOT carried over with him to Gatorade. The receptionist was a peach and knocked the bill in half, but we still did not darken that door for the rest of the year. This year, certain that we were signed up for dental, we all went and got a check up. Considering that it has been a year, and the poor supervising I do when it comes to teeth brushing, I should be thankful that only Ava and Grayson had to go back to get cavities filled. Katrina just needed sealants replaced, which probably would have been necessary anyway. Up next for her: Braces!

Ava was the star student that same week in school and we put together some photos of her amazing life thus far. I went on Friday to bring her show and tell, which she chose to be her American Girl dolls. She spoke in her oh so soft pixie voice, "These are my American girl dolls, I got this one for my birthday last year, Bailey, and the other one, Emily, I got for Christmas last year." Then her teacher asked if there were any questions: "When did you get them? What are their names?" "When did you get the other one?" What's her name????"

That night Matt and I went on a much needed date! We ate at one of our favorite restaurants up here, Breadstix. I am always a little surprised Matt chooses it because he is full of complaints the whole time we are there. Like last time he ordered the Boston Cream Pie and was very disgruntled that he was served cake because he was in the mood for pie. I finally had to goggle a picture and forward it to him to show him that that is what Boston Cream Pie is and they were not trying to pull a fast one on him. Anyway, this time he ordered the steak and for some reason they smothered it in gravy which happens to be his pet peeve. He came home from the temple cafeteria last time complaining about the same thing. I said, "Probably because it's old people making it, they put gravy on everything." We were compensated at Breadstix with Crème Brule. Yes, that is why we keep going back.

The following Saturday he asked what was on my agenda and I informed him that I we needed new toilet seats. He acted like this was the most normal thing to be requested, came with me to Home Depot and replaced the old seats promptly when we got home. I am loving my new toilet seats.