March 2, 2009 Graham turned two!

Even though he watched me make his cake a few days before, woke up to the birthday sign, and was told it was his birthday, I don't think it sunk in until well into the evening that the special day was all for him. I didn't have any wrapping paper so Mallerie, Ava, and Grayson each decorated a gift that was wrapped in newsprint. It didn't look like traditional wrapping and kept him from trying to open them all day. For dinner my parents, Granny and Grandpa, came for sloppy joes, beans, applesauce, and chips. A very Graham friendly meal. By the time we cut the cake it had been loved on by Graham and there were finger marks in the icing. We sung and lit the candles over and over till he got his fill and then we all dug in. I used the same teddy bear cake pan that I've used for when Ava and Grayson turned two. He enjoyed opening his gifts and gives a very genuine reaction to weather it pleases him or not. Gotta love a two year old. To one of my moms he said "No" real grumpy and pushed it away. Least it was entertainment for us. Grahams parcels were decorated lovingly by Ava, Grayson, and Mallerie. I think since it didn't look like traditional wrapping paper it kept him from tearing into them during the day. I loved coming in the living room to see Graham silently thumbing through his baby book. And here I thought it would be years before the hard work of putting it together would pay off.





He stumbled upon this plane a few days earlier in the garage. So here he isn't surprised but rather thinking, "There's that plane that was so rudely taken from me!"


Still trying to get over the disappointment of the last gift (some plastic horses).