Relief Society Birthday/St. Patty's Day


The Relief Society celebrated their birthday on St Patrick’s day so I wasn't home to make corn beef (have I ever???) instead they got grilled cheese and I went to the church for a nice meal. They had asked different sisters to represent past Relief Society Presidents since Emma and I was Belle Spafford who served from 1945-1975. Yeah, that's 30 years. Afterwards they had what was called a "parlor party" and had the stage set up like an old fashioned parlor. Each of us got up and recited a part about when we were general RS president of the church. I guess since I represented the gal who had served the longest I had the longest part. I didn't start memorizing it till the night before practice and really pushed my self because I had no excuse whatsoever for not having it memorized. I think I got it in the end. It was a nice evening.

I conspicuously died Grayson’s oatmeal green on St. Patrick’s Day thinking I would surely get a “wow.” Instead his eyes filled with tears, “This looks like it has poison in it.”