We first took Katrina and Mallerie to get an estimate in May here in Heber. I was certain that though our insurance wouldn't pay any of it I would still be better off than having to take them to Orem for their adjustments every six weeks. Well, this place we went to just felt so stone cold with such serious employees. It didn't help to have the Orthodontist come in and start talking about how he would pull this perfectly good tooth, and that one, and that one, and that one, and that one, and that one! Between the two of them six teeth would be pulled. I knew I wouldn't be going back. I knew Katrina would probably be fine with this too since as she was leaning against the counter something scooted, which sounded a lot more tooted than scooted. This has nothing to do with the nick name that Matt has given that particular orthodontist of That Mousy Brown Pants Fellow.
I ended up signing up to get their treatments from good old Dr. Nord. It's the same place Matt and I and my brother Cade got our braces. He's cheaper, better, and cuter! I knew that when he recommended two of Mallerie's and one of Katrina's teeth did need to be pulled, it was okay. Cause three is half of six, that's why.
The following Friday found us at our Dentist office where Katrina and Mallerie had the teeth pulled. I had all the kids with me but Ava didn't either think to speak up or maybe it actually wasn't until we got back to Heber that she noticed her tooth ached! By Monday (the soonest we could get back there) it was bothering her so badly that my worst fears were confirmed: a root canal. Our dentist scheduled an apt with the endodontist that same day but four hours later so we killed time at my granny's. We had shown up the previous Friday as well after Kat and Mall had their teeth pulled and they were both soaking towels with blood. Those two were in a sorry state, and then little Callie was sucking on a rubber toy that had turned to slime and was covering her hands and face with the fierce sticky substance. Turns out the Family Dollar find was meant to be put in water where it grows. Granny and my aunt Melinda opened the door for a friendly greeting and they were greeted back with blood and ooze. Yet, there we showed our faces again the following Monday. This time my mom was there so I kept the younger kids there while I took Ava to the edodontist. I've been to this particular office a few years back for a root canal of my own and I remember I had the hardest time finding the place! We left a good 20 minutes early and this time I drove right there. Oh well, I think they actually took us early. Quite frankly the rest of the memory is just a painful blur. The numbing would NOT take effect. Ava screamed and lurched with each poke and drill. I was holding her hands and both of us ended up in tears. It was bad! The WORST part is that her roots haven't actually formed so they couldn't even finish it! We have to go back every three months for ex-rays to see if the roots and formed and then they will finish it. Teeth!