Quick! Sand!

I've mentioned how it doesn't seem fair to keep sending the kids into the backyard if there simply isn't anything to do. Though the cement pad for bikes and the swing set have provided some good times, I wanted one more thing. I was out looking at the sunken in stone sitting area one day and realized it would be the perfect place for a sandbox. I ran the idea by Matt and he was on board so I told the kids that in order for that to happen some prep work needed to happen. Some of the dirt needed to be hauled away so we could put the black paper down and fill it with sand. This especially interested Mallerie and Grayson and they got to work the next day. It was Sunday Jun 21st that I suggested this and by the following Saturday Matt was dumping the sand in.

The original plan was to just cover to flagstone with black paper and pour the sand in. Matt borrowed a friends truck and once it pulled up on a Saturday full of sand it attracted the attention of the neighbor men. Seriously, three of them stopped by to see what was happening in the backyard. One of them suggested to Matt that he sell the flagstone on KSL.com. Matt did just that only to learn later that he sorely undersold it (no wonder he had so many requests). The guy that picked it up was thrilled you could tell so we ended up being glad we could give someone a deal. I mean after all, it didn't mean anything to us if we were going to bury it. Sand $30. Sand toys $27. I think I was more excited than the kids. The blue tarp provides shade till the evening. But no cover protects from a storm like this! All that June Rain.