Grayson holding a sculpture from KindergartenU2 was singing live on GMA in NY. As I cranked “It’s a Beautiful Day” Grayson came in excited because he recognized the song from Nim’s Island. Crowds had gathered in various places around NYC to listen, such as where it was being broadcast in Times Square LIVE. As the camera panned back to Bono finishing the song, Grayson commented, “That guy should try out for American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
I conspicuously died Grayson’s oatmeal green on St. Patrick’s Day thinking I would surely get a “wow.” Instead his eyes filled with tears, “This looks like it has poison in it.”
Grayson came screeching around the corner while watching The Price Is Right, “I just saw a commercial and they were drinking COFFEE and they said it TASTED GOOD! You said it was BAD???” The little fella was demanding answers.
I could do without Grayson coming and sitting next to me when I’m on the phone with a member of the bishopric and passing LOUD gas.
He sure has a high tolerance for pain. He was playing with his best buddy in the empty lot on our street when Dillon threw a rock and it landed on Grayson’s finger and lifted the nail clear off. As soon as I got it bandaged up he asked, “Can I go back and play now?” I thought for sure he would want to sit with me on the couch while I dabbed his tears and hummed a lullaby.
Another night he fell off his bed. The loud thump sent me running to his room but he didn’t even wake up. The next morning he had a shiner like no other on his forehead covered in dried blood. He was a mighty proud to have it to show his class.
Grayson’s questions! Or rather Things that make you say hmmmm...
§ How many days has it been?
§ If you squish a worm will it ever come alive again?
§ Have you ever seen someone get a spider thrown at them?
§ Would the air conditioning in the car ever run out?
§ What’s the highest number?
§ If you get really hot, will you die?
§ Is a radio a machine?
§ What age do you START to die?
§ How many feet is our house?
His questions are not one-word answer questions and they require much explaining or RESEARCH. It can get a bit exhausting. He’s all day with questions like these from the moment he wakes up. I usually just end up saying, “Hmmmmmm” and he gets bored and runs off. Phew. Least we know the wheels are turning.
In actuality he doesn’t really want a lengthy answer. Like when he asked Matt and I how the movies at the theatres run since he doesn’t see a place to put in a DVD. I started explaining about the projector when his hand went up and waved like, “Too much information!” I fear I’ve given too much as well.
Summer tales are comin later! Love, Abby
"Please Mom, Please come in my room and take a picture of my Lincoln Log house." There you have it folks.